Pages

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Busy Guy Seeing the Tunnel Light

With all the new forms of social media and ways to get notice of your writing out in cyberworld, there are not enough hours in the day. I am also still in the workforce, credited with 35 hours a week, considered full-time employment. Writing was a sidelight. But being just 15 months from full retirement in my "day job," I  am nearing the point where I can devote my energies towards full-time writing.

Since my last post, I have been working on a 102,000 word manuscript, a novel about rock and roll in China, a 604-page nonfiction about ice hockey, and in the process, trying to keep up 4 websites, several gmail accounts, and I let this blog lapse.

The blog, besides being a forum to market my stuff, is a writing outlet I immensely enjoyed (I'm allowed to use one quantifying adjective here). The problem was I created such deadlines for the other two writing projects that I abandoned all other care and maintenance of my enterprises to finishing those projects. Only now that I see the end in sight for the one, can the domino effect help me with the others.

First the nonfiction is finished within 60 days. Then the efforts made to revamp the China book and put that in motion, and then I go back and patch up my blogs and websites. 

I do understand as a writer you need deadlines. Otherwise nothing progresses. Once the silver stake has been hammered into the nonfiction, my day-to-day life will return, then my writing life will return.


No comments:

Post a Comment