Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Carrying Pictures of Chairman Mao

I haven’t viewed this blog since in 2020. I’ve been busy trying to finish my novel set in China. So why post now? Good question: I’ll try to answer.

My first reaction is surprise that there was such a widespread response the past week from Hong Kong. I have been appraised of the amount of PRC censoring of the general public. I wonder if the people viewing the blog are westerners in China rather than Chinese citizens who have found a way around China’s cyber Berlin Wall.

I am in the multiple revisions stage of finishing my action/adventure novel set mostly in China. The title “Carrying Pictures of Chairman Mao” only hints at a plot about Chinese censorship, their spamoflage campaigns, their state-sponsored bubblegum rock and roll, their government sponsored cyber hacking, and their generational erasure of what transpired in Tiananmen Square in 1989.

Writing this story has taken me almost a decade. I am nearing the final 4-5 months.

I am wondering what interest there might be for this book, but I feel if China, specifically Hong Kong, is so interested in the eclectic nonsense posted on my blog the past years, they could be curious about what I am writing about China. Let’s see if they have a similar reaction this week to a post about their homeland.


No comments:

Post a Comment